Referees Code of Conduct
1. Ensure that “over-refereeing” the game does not lose the ‘spirit of the game’ for young people.
2. Actions speak louder than words. Ensure that both on and off the field your behaviour is consistent with the principles of good sportsmanship.
3. Compliment both teams on their good play whenever such praise is deserved.
4. Be consistent, objective and courteous.
5. Condemn the deliberate ‘good foul’ as being unsportsmanlike, thus retaining respect for fair play.
6. Publicly encourage law changes, which will reinforce the principles of participation for fun and enjoyment.
7. Make a personal commitment to keep yourself informed on sound refereeing principles and the principles of growth and development of young people.
8. Avoid comment on Competition Rules, only deal with the Laws of the Game
Remember, the QJRU Management Committee and BJRU Competition Committee have the power to cite Players, Coaches, and/or Spectators for behaviour that may bring the game of Rugby into disrepute.