Junior Players Code of Conduct
1. Play for the ‘enjoyment’, not just to please your parents or coach.
2. Play the laws of the game of Rugby.
3. Never argue with the referee’s decisions. Let your captain or coach ask any necessary questions.
4. Control your temper—no ‘mouthing off’.
5. Work equally hard for yourself and your team – your team’s performance will benefit and so will you.
6. Be a good sport. Applaud all good play, whether by your team or by your opponent.
7. Treat all players, as you yourself would like to be treated. Don’t interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of any player.
8. Remember that the goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good. Don’t be a show-off or always try to get the most points.
9. Co-operate with your coach, team mates, referee and opponents, for without them you don’t have a game.
Remember, the QJRU Management Committee and BJRU Competition Committee have the power to cite Players, Coaches, and/or Spectators for behaviour that may bring the game of Rugby into disrepute.